Lib-Dem Council candidate (Tower Hamlets/London), Justin Sillman – Convicted and jailed for 2 years for sexual abuse of young boys.
Lib-Dem Councillor (Leicestershire), Frank Beck –Received a total of 5 life sentences in 1991, after being convicted on 17 counts of indecent assault, buggery, rape, and actual bodily harm. Beck was the ringleader of an organised paedophile ring operating within children's care homes in the Leicestershire area. Although never proven, it was alleged at the time that Beck was also involved in the murder of children, and the production of `snuff` movies. http://www.communitycare.co.uk/Articles/2000/05/10/21472/the-truth-they-didnt-want-to-hear.html
Lib-Dem Councillor (Craven and Bentham/Yorkshire), John Pilkington – Arrested in 2004 in connection with the `Operation Ore` investigation into internet child pornography. Released on bail pending further inquiries. Update – Jailed http://archive.thisisbradford.co.uk/2004/2/6/103276.html
Lib-Dem Councillor (Preston/Lancashire), Bill Chadwick – Charged in 2003 with: Making an indecent photograph of a child, as well as inciting another man to commit the kidnap, rape, torture, and murder of a schoolgirl. Eventually convicted on 18 counts of making indecent images of children. Chadwick’s gay lover - Alan Valentine, is also a Lib-Dem councillor who has since committed suicide. http://archive.burnleycitizen.co.uk/2004/6/14/485419.html
Lib-Dem Councillor (Laurence Hill/Bristol), John Astley – Convicted and jailed for 19 months in 2004 for downloading child pornography, as well as Electoral Fraud, and drugs offences. Astley had downloaded over 5,500 pictures from the very worst categories of child porn for his enjoyment, including the sado-masochistic torture of children, and other things which are quite simply too awful to be described here. Astley was also arrested for throwing stones at houses displaying window posters for other political parties, which gives this revolting Lib-Dem lowlife the unique distinction of qualifying for all sections - `Sex`, Violence` and `Corruption` - of this list! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3695072.stm
Lib-Dem Councillor (Stockport), Neil Derbyshire – Sexually assaulted a 16-year old boy in a public toilet in 2003, then offered the teenager £30 to submit to perverted sex acts with him. The boy agreed to meet the filthy Lib-Dem beast in the same place the next day, before telling his Mother, who then informed the Police, who then lay in wait to arrest Derbyshire the next day, as he turned up for his `date` with a plastic bag containing lubricant, plastic surgical gloves, a condom, and underpants. In court, The Councillor pleaded guilty to indecent assault and attempting to procure an act of gross indecency. Sentenced to a 3-year rehabilitation order and placed on the sex offenders register. http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/news/s/9/9641_disgraced_councillor_quits.html
A councillor been sent to jail for five years after molesting two 11-year-old girls while he was a school governor. Disgusting Bob Hargreaves, 62, who was elected to Bradford Metropolitan District Council in 2004, was given five years in jail.
Bradford Crown Court convicted Hargreaves of eight charges of molesting two 11-year-old girls, including one of attempted rape.
Hargreaves, who represents Bolton and Undercliffe for the Liberal Democrats, will now lose his place on the council. All the attacks took place in the 1990s, while he was a school governor.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/6302707.stm
- Lib-Dem Councillor and Mayoral Candidate (Sheffield), Francis Butler– Prosecuted for indecent assault of a young boy.
Lib-Dem MP (Winchester/Hampshire), Mark Oaten – Resigned in disgrace from his front bench position as the party’s Home Affairs spokesman in 2006, after he was exposed as having paid rent boys for gay sex threesomes. The scandal broke when one of the rent boys sold his story to the News of the World after recognising the Lib-Dem high flyer on television during his bid to become party leader. Married father of two Mr Oaten, paid his male whores to subject him to `degradation and humiliation` involving acts considered `too disgusting` to describe in the News of the World. They are also too disgusting to describe here. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4591036.stm
- A Bradford councillor gave cash to two young girls after sexually abusing them, a court heard. Bob Hargreaves, 62, a Liberal Democrat councillor for the Bolton and Undercliffe ward, went on trial at Bradford Crown Court yesterday after denying charges of indecency with a child, indecent assault and attempted rape. The jury was told the abuse took place in a butcher's shop in 1992 and ended when Hargreaves allegedly tried to rape one of the girls. Neither of the girls can be identified for legal reasons. Prosecutor Sharon Beattie told the court the abuse had started when Hargreaves coerced one of the girls, who were both 11 years old at the time, to perform a sexual act on him. More
- A PROMINENT Worcestershire councillor has been charged with possessing indecent photographs of a child. Malvern Hills district councillor Michael Angell is accused of 17 separate counts of possessing indecent photographs on Wednesday, November 15, 2006. The Liberal Democrat/Green councillor, who was elected in 2003, appeared at Worcester Magistrates Court on Tuesday, April 3. The case was adjourned until Wednesday, May 23, to enable the Crown Prosecution Service to decide on the seriousness of the charges. If he is found to be in possession of the images and they are deemed to be serious, then the case may be sent to crown court.
- Tanwir Taj Din Lib Dem candidate stood in the Bolton ward of Tonge with Haulgh whilst in jail after being found guilty of indecent assault. http://archive.leighjournal.co.uk/2004/5/26/488626.html
Lib-Dem Parliamentary Candidate (Burnley/Lancashire), Paul Wright – Charged with drunken assault on his `lodger`. Wright sobbed like a baby during the court case, and the case is to be re-listed and heard again after the jury failed to reach a verdict.
Lib-Dem Councillor (Sheffield/Yorkshire), Trevor Morgan – Convicted and jailed for 9 months in 2003 for unlawful wounding/dangerous driving. After attacking an elderly woman’s Golden retriever dog by throwing pepper in its face, he then seriously injured a neighbour – 57-year old Barbara Johnson, with his car as she tried to stop him escaping.
Lib-Dem Councillor (North Norfolk), Catherine Wilkins – Also a nurse until she was struck off the nursing register after being found guilty of mistreating patients and abusive behaviour. http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/news/elections_may2003/north_norfolk.shtml
Lib-Dem Councillor (Oldham), Mohib Uddin – Arrested and charged with assault after a night of violence at the local elections in 2001. `Teflon` Mohib was however acquitted, as well as a beating an Electoral Fraud charge in a previous court case. Councillor Uddin is not the only family member active in the local community. His brother Nashir, was convicted and sentenced to community service for his part in a ballot-rigging scam, and another brother – Shofi Uddin, later received a 3-year jail sentence for violent disorder, following his enthusiastic participation in the Oldham riots. http://www.oldhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/s/165/165642_councillor_accused_of_attack_on_fellow_supporter_of_party.html
- Lib Dem Councillor Peter Wright exposed as a “dog of war” mercenary after he was given a 23-week sentence for assaulting his partner of 17 years also a Lib Dem councillor in Tameside. http://www.tamesideadvertiser.co.uk/news/s/211/211643_councillor_admits_assaulting_his_wife.html
Lib-Dem Councillor (Peterborough), Michael Jackson – Prosecuted for 21 counts of Theft and False Accounting. http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm199900/cmstand/a/st000608/am/00608s02.htm
3 Lib-Dem Councillors convicted and jailed for Election Fraud in Hackney/London in 2001, including Lib-Dem Councillor Zev Lieberman, who was convicted with a co-conspirator from the Tory Party – Councillor Isaac Lieberwitz. http://theunjustmedia.com/disgraced%20councillors%20locked%20up.htm
Julie Roberts – Convicted on 9 counts of benefit fraud in 2003. 2 weeks after the court case, she was elected as a Lib-Dem councillor in Leicester!
Lib-Dem Welsh Assembly Member, leader of the Lib-Dem group on the assembly, and Minister for Economic Development, Mike German – Forced to resign in 2001, after being investigated by the Fraud Squad. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/1324670.stm
9 Lib-Dem candidates, officials and activists convicted of Election Fraud in Oldham in 2001, after being caught using the names of dead people to cast fraudulent votes to swing the ballot. They were: Nashir Udin, Montaz Ali, Afsor Ali, Shahinar Roshid, Waseem Mohammed, Gous Ali, Ansir Moahmood, Zabor Ali, and Qadeer Hussein. http://www.fraudweb.co.uk/2001%20Archive/july01arch.htm
Lib-Dem MP (Hackney/London), Horatio Bottomley – Convicted of fraud and jailed for 4 years in 1922. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horatio_Bottomley
Lib-Dem Councillors (Burnley/Lancashire), Manzur Hussain and Mozaquir Ali - Convicted and jailed for 18 months in 2007 after being found guilty of ballot-rigging related to local elections in the towns Danehouse ward. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6178224.stm
Lib-Dem Councillor (Havant/Hampshire), Michael Hayward – Convicted and jailed for 2 months for election rigging in 2002. Hayward’s Lib-Dem colleagues: Former Councillor Timothy Fox and election candidate Brian Ennis were both fined £200 for using false nomination papers in the same case. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2551157.stm
Lib-Dem Council Election candidate (Oldham), Aftab Hussein – Arrested on suspicion of Electoral Fraud in June 2004. The Police investigation continues. http://www.geocities.com/libertystrikesback/jun04.html
Lib-Dem Councillor (Lambeth/London), Gabriel Fernandez – Convicted of massive Housing Benefit Fraud in 2004, and forced by the judge to pay back £16,500 of the money defrauded from British taxpayers.
A BOROUGH councillor must complete 250 hours of community service after his pizza restaurant was found to be infested with cockroaches. Mushtaq Hayat, Lib Dem councillor for Baylis and Stoke, and a former chairman of the council’s health panel, was also served with an indefinite ban on managing a food business by Slough Magistrates after pleading guilty to failing to ensure the safety of food at Halal Pizza Place, Belgrave Parade, Slough.
A Lib Dem COUNCILLOR is the subject of a standards investigation after she took a major role in granting cash which paid for her daughter to go on a trip to a theme park.
Coun Donna Caley, who represents the Bradley ward in Nelson, asked the Nelson Committee for £500 to fund a trip to Blackpool Pleasure Beach for a group of teenagers, including her daughter, according to a council report following an investigation.
This is the second time that Coun Caley has been called to face the standards committee in just four months. In July, she was accused of failing to tell a meeting that she had an interest in two planning applications near her home, then pressing for enforcement action to be taken.
- A LIBERAL Democrat councillor has been expelled from the party and is at the centre of a police investigation.
Cllr Sera Kentman, who has represented Whitefoot ward in Lewisham since last May, was axed after breaching rules, which included failing to disclose her debts as a councillor.
News Shopper can reveal Ms Kentman is an undischarged bankrupt, who may have stood illegally at last May's elections.
Under Section 80 of the Local Goverment Act 1972, no-one can stand in an election as a councillor if they are an undischarged bankrupt. According to Lewisham Council's Liberal Democrat leader Mark Morris other allegations involving Ms Kentman include:
# A £9,000 overpayment of housing benefit on a house she part owns.
# Outstanding council tax payments back dating over a year.
# Her use of a number of different names. Ms Kentman was temporarily suspended three weeks ago from the party and given time to provide information on her debts and proof of her identity.
Former Liberal leader Jeremey Thorpe – Stood trail for conspiring to have his blackmailing gay lover murdered. Eventually cleared. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Thorpe
Lib-Dem councillor (Inverclyde/Scotland), Jim Mitchell – Charged with drink driving in 2005 and awaiting trial.
Lib-Dem Mayor (Chippenham, Wiltshire), Ross Henning – Convicted and jailed for 2 years in 1987 for smuggling narcotics from South America. Henning took advantage of his own Grandmother, and turned her house into a cocaine factory! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/3927911.stm
Lib-Dem Councillor (Liverpool), Jim Thompson - Commited suicide in 1996 while awaiting trial on 2 charges of armed bank robbery - an unusually macho sort of crime for a LibDem! Thompson got away with just £3,500 after making his getaway in a taxi that was waiting outside the bank with its meter running.
Lib-Dem Councillor (Norwich/Norfolk), Samantha Allison – Convicted of attempting to pervert the course of justice and awaiting sentence (March 2006). After being arrested for drunk driving, Allison tried to wriggle out of it by making her 15-year old babysitter write a false statement backing her lie that she only started drinking after she returned home. Cllr Allison’s conviction eventually came after 3 trials, countless hours of police time, and an estimated cost to the taxpayer of around £300,000. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/5181022.stm
Lib-Dem Councillor (High Peak), Ian Fletcher – Convicted of handling stolen goods.
Lib-Dem Councillor (Glossop/Manchester), Peter Urquhart – Convicted for Drink Driving for the second time in 2004. Councillor Urquhart, who also likes to be known as `Karen`, was apprehended by Police while drunk in his car… wearing make-up, a blonde wig, and a mini-skirt! http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/81/81125_drinkdrive_councillors_voter_pledge.html
- A prominent Scottish Liberal Democrat councillor has resigned after his home was searched and he was questioned in relation to a major murder investigation.
- Raymond Hutcheon, 50, who at one time lived with a prostitute and was spoken to by police for kerb crawling, was a member of a Holyrood adult entertainment working group, as well as holding key posts on Aberdeen City Council.
- He was also a member of Grampian Joint Police Board and Aberdeen City Council's standards and scrutiny committee, which has a remit to ensure "absolute probity".
- Mr Hutcheon's house was searched on Monday in connection with the investigation into the death of 57-year-old Ronald Mair, whose body was found bound and gagged in a cupboard of his home in Kettlehills Crescent, Aberdeen, last month.
- Mr Mair's lifestyle was linked to drugs and prostitution. Three people have since been charged with his murder. On Monday, Stephen Rankin, 32, of Darvel, Ayrshire, appeared in court on a murder charge and yesterday Derek Carswell, 40, of Dreghorn, by Irvine, and Jane McBurnie, 17, of Thetford, Norfolk, appeared on petition at Aberdeen Sheriff Court on murder and other charges.